An Organic Veg Box Scheme based in Bury St Edmunds. We are working with local (within 50 miles) growers to bring you the tastiest and freshest produce at a price that is fair for everyone all along the chain. We prioritise local vegetables and work with Cambridge Organic food to support and grow the local organic food system.
My name is Matthew Rowe. I moved to Bury St Edmunds in 2016 and set up the Happy Food Coop with the aim of establishing a vibrant and sustainable food network.
In the summer of 2017, with the help of the Cambridge Organic Food Company (COFCO) I launched a veg box scheme Suffolk - the Happy Veg Box. The aim is to create a box that is not only filled with the world’s healthiest vegetables but also helps support the development of a flourishing group of local organic growers.
- create a 100-acre Agri-forest farm in Suffolk to grow the world’s healthiest food.
- create a ‘Blue Zone’ in Suffolk and create a food-region to challenge the healthiest areas of the world
- I managed a community event for over 5000 people with Envirolution - a Manchester-based cooperative
- I have a dog called Grunge that I adopted off the streets of Kathmandu
- Whilst climbing up to the Annapurna Sanctuary I had a cold shower at 4100 metres above sea level